My First Marketing Post!

    As the Fall term of 2021 begins so does Professor Priew's BA 223- Principles of Marketing class. My name is Anthony Miller: a Junior transfer from the University of Utah, Business Finance Major, avid outdoorsman, sports junkie, self-proclaimed musician, gym rat, gamer and marketing student. I was raised in a city east of San Francisco and later moved to Utah for college on full scholarship. After a wrist injury I found myself leaving Utah and moving to Corvallis where I currently reside and attend Oregon State as well as Linn-Benton CC. I enrolled in Principles of Marketing to fulfill credits that did not transfer due to a discrepancy in curriculum between the University of Utah Business Finance program and the equivalent program at Oregon State University (OSU). Luckily, duel enrollment opportunities are readily available to OSU students and I am able to easily fulfill my degree requirements with this class at Linn-Benton. As a Finance major I am very interested in learning the particulars of Marketing as this field is directly impactful to every sector of business. Notably the analytical side of marketing and the processes used to automate this portion of the industry. I believe that that the way companies and individuals analyze marketing data can also be used to help the understanding of our financial systems. Outside of my professional interests I am an avid skier and have had the opportunity to "shred the gnar" in 3 different countries (United States, Canada, and Switzerland) attending more than 35 different ski resorts. This passion stems from the desire to push myself outside of my comfort zone, appreciation of nature, and general pursuit of  physicality throughout my daily life. 

Comments

Popular Posts